High School Student Application
Who can apply?
- Applicant must be a Walpole resident or a METCO student graduating from Walpole HS enrolling in a full time program leading up to a certificate, associate or baccalaureate degree.
- Students who will be attending United States Service Academies are not eligible for a WSF award.
- Students entering a 5th year of high school (also referred to as a post-graduate or PG year) are not eligible for a WSF award. Students currently in a 5th year of high school and entering a college (post secondary program) in the fall are eligible. These students will be evaluated along with the rest of the high school students.
How to apply?
- You will be required to fill out an application, write an essay, and upload copies of the following: a transcript, a letter of recommendation, a copy of official SAT or ACT report and the first page of the FAFSA Student Aid Report (SAR). All financial information will be confidential.
- WHS Graduate – The email for your transcript and recommendation request will go directly to WHS guidance and be uploaded for you.
- Non WHS Graduate - You should have the name(s) and email(s) at hand for the person(s) who can supply/upload your transcript and recommendation.
- 5th Year of High School (PG Year) Graduate – You are required to send your current high school transcript as well as all other HS transcripts. You should have the name(s) and email(s) at hand for the person(s) who can supply/upload your current high school transcript and recommendation. All other high school transcripts should emailed by those schools to Jana Morra at [email protected]
- See below for application checklists, instructions for the FAFSA, and examples of SAT, ACT, and the FAFSA SAR reports.
How are the awards determined? When will we notify you?
Scholarships are awarded based on financial need, academic merit, extracurricular activities (including community service and work experience) and personal qualities.
Only completed applications received by the deadline will be reviewed.
All applicants will be notified of the committee’s decision by mail in early June.
Use the application checklist to help ensure that you have all the information at hand to complete the online application.
Examples of Reports