College Student Application
Who can apply?
- Applicant must be a Walpole resident or a student from the METCO program who graduated from Walpole HS; and must enrolled in a full time program leading to a certificate, associate, or baccalaureate degree. Graduate programs are not funded by the Walpole Scholarship Foundation.
- Students who attend United States Service Academies are not eligible for a WSF award.
- Students may only be awarded a WSF scholarship for 4 years. If you are in a 5 year college (or post-secondary program leading to a degree or certificate), you may not receive funds for your 5th year if you have received them for the previous 4 years. If you have received a WSF award for less than 4 years, you may apply to WSF for your 5th year of college (post-secondary program).
- Scholarship monies are paid in December to only those students who are matriculated in a valid program. If you are graduating in June or December 2019, you are not eligible to apply.
How to apply?
- You will be required to fill out an application, write an essay and upload the
following: a copy of your transcript and specified sections of the FAFSA Student Aid
Report (SAR). All financial information will be confidential.
- See the WSF website (walpolescholarshipfoundation.org) for application checklists
and detailed instructions for the FAFSA SAR.
How are the awards determined? When will we notify you?
- Scholarships are awarded based on financial need, academic merit, extracurricular
activities (including community service and work experience), and personal qualities.
- Only completed applications received by the deadline will be reviewed.
- All applicants will be notified of the committee’s decision by mail in early June 2019.
Use the application checklists to help ensure that your application is complete.